Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a weekend with June's best friend is on the horizon...

so this weekend i will be headed to spend the weekend with my grandmothers very best friend, winnie. i have been hoping for this weekend ... well just about all my life.

winnie is a kindred spirit... while she is fully in her 80s i believe she would do just about anything still... she still lives on the lake down from the house my mom grew up in. i mean so much nostalgia I MIGHT JUST explode.

most importantly she loved my grandmother june for whom i am named after. while i was just 1 when she passed away i have been told my entire life that i remind people of her.

both of these women were bold and great women of there times and winnie has continued to be relevant and not lose her character and womenly nature.

I AM SO EXCITED!

more to follow...

1 comment:

The Armisteads said...

cant wait to hear about the weekend....
love you my friend....