Thursday, January 10, 2008

it is a new year and one of my resolutions is to be more intentional. how this translates into TIME is an interesting and challenging issue to let my busy be busy and my time with friends and family be time with friends and family.

now most of you are thinking that june ... she does a great job of stating the obvious. i mean it gets dark at night....

well i just want to be where i am in 2008 ... i do not want to wish i am anywhere than were i am.... this is how i think this will play out... when i am with a friend at dinner... walking ... a game... a concert... .etc... i will be there and not on the phone with other people trying to figure out what else is happening in this rapidly spinning home we call earth.

i also want my downtime to be full of nothing and not alot little somethings while turning circles that only myself, my mom, and mrs. yates would find relaxing. so far i am doing well with this seeing as my intentional downtime was supported with my car being in the shop and limiting where i could go.

however today after school and a mesocyclonic (or something like that) supercell (aka a drill with 2,000 student in the hall in tornado position) i wanted a drink so ... i intentionally met my friend leslie to have a drink. it was intentional... and then i intentionally went to the gym to burn some calories.

i guess you could say my new years resolutions have been a success so far.

No comments: